Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

If you have any questions or queries please read our frequently asked questions below.

If you would like to ask a question then please use our online contact form.



Questions and Answers

Is Immediate cover available?


Yes. Just complete the relevant online application form. Your cover can start immediately assuming you meet our scheme criteria.


How do I know if my cover has been accepted?


We will process all proposals without delay and it is expected for policy certificates to be issued within 48 hours unless they have had to be referred.


As a self-employed / Limited Company business what types of Insurance cover are compulsory?


It is advisable to consider all elements of insurance to protect your from a variety of risks within your market. If you have any employees, however, Employers Liability Insurance is mandatory.

Often under contract, you are required to carry Professional Indemnity Insurance cover. From time to time you may also be required to have Liability cover.


Who is covered under the scheme?


It is designed to cover individuals only whether as a Sole Trader, Principal or an employee of a company.  If you are a company who require cover for more than one employed assessor,  you will need to contact us for the rates.


What if I do not qualify for the scheme; can I still get cover?


Your internet application will be referred to our scheme underwriter for further consideration. If still considered to be unsuitable for the scheme, in some cases we may be able to offer terms from the open market.


How much Professional Indemnity cover should I take out?


Only the professional can asses the amount of cover appropriate to the business. In determining how much cover to effect, it is important that a realistic view is taken of the potential damages and legal costs for which the business could become liable. Being under-insured can be almost as financially disastrous as being without insurance at all and it should be noted that the differences in premium for higher limits are not very large.


Who provides the insurance and how can you be so competitive?


The insurance is provided by Tokio Marine Kiln Syndicates Ltd (through Anglo Pacific Consultants (London) Ltd) who are a leading insurer for Professional Indemnity & Liability insurance.  The premiums recognise that the exposure to claims, particularly from Energy Assessors are very low.


What do I do if I need help completing my online application?


Simply contact us and one of our representatives will contact you to provide guidance in making a successful application.


How can I pay?


We accept payment in full by cheque, monthly instalments and bank transfers.


Are my details secure over the Internet?


We use up to 256-bit SSL encryption encryption on our application forms to keep your personal information and credit/debit details as secure as possible.


How will you deal with my emails?


Our friendly and efficient Freelance Insure representatives will reply to your email within 24 hours.


What happens when the Insurance is due to be renewed?


Renewing your Policy is easy.  All Enterprise Insurance will need from you is a short renewal declaration, which will be sent to you in good time prior to your renewal date.


What is an excess?


An excess is the amount you must pay in the event of any claim, regardless of who is to blame for an incident. If you make a claim you must add the relevant excess to calculate the total amount you must pay in the event of any claim made.


What happens if I have to make a claim under the Insurance Policy?


Please contact our dedicated Claims Department with details of the nature of the claim.


How do I find Policy Wordings of each type of insurance policy?


Please click on the type of Insurance you require where you will see a link to the wordings.


How do I cancel or vary the terms of cover?


Please advise us in writing.


What is Business Interruption Insurance?


Business Interruption Insurance covers Loss of Trading Profit due to interruption caused by an insured peril for a selected indemnity period – usually minimum 12 months. Various extensions are available, e.g. following damage at the premises of: Suppliers, Customers, Public utilities, or nearby properties restricting access to your premises.


What is Public Liability Insurance?


Public Liability Insurance covers your legal liability for physical injury, damage or loss caused to third parties arising from your business activities – set at a level that that matches your liability.


What is Products Liability Insurance?


Products Liability Insurance covers your legal liability for physical injury, damage or loss arising from goods sold or supplied – set at a level that that matches your liability for all claims, in any one year.


What is Fidelity Guarantee Cover?


Fidelity Guarantee Cover gives the business protection against misappropriation by employees.


What is the benefit of Commercial Legal Expenses Cover?


Commercial Legal Expenses is an increasingly important insurance, including compensation awards as well as defence costs in employment disputes. Various other costs can be insured e.g. Inland Revenue/VAT investigations, Property disputes, Certain criminal prosecution defence, Data Protection prosecutions, Contractual disputes, Intellectual Property disputes. A legal query helpline is provided, saving you legal costs.


What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?


Professional Indemnity Insurance protects your company’s legal liability for claims made against you alleging financial loss following breach of professional duty or negligence.


Can you explain Directors & Officers (D&O) Insurance


Increasingly, actions are taken against individual directors and officers of corporate bodies – these individuals are not protected by the limited liability available to shareholders. D & O Insurance will afford protection up to the requested indemnity levels.


What is Personal Accident Insurance?


Personal Accident Insurance provides capital sums in the event of death or permanent disability and weekly benefits for temporary disability. It is available for both business principals and employees.